The Department of Physical education has been established in 2001. The Management and the College provides the necessary infrastructure that helps the students not only to inculcate good habit of playing games but also to develop the sportsmanship and comradeship. The college has facility for outdoor games namely: Cricket, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Ball Badminton and Throw Ball. The college has Indoor game section in an area of nearly 600 Sq.m, with indoor games like Table Tennis, Caroms, Chess etc., to hone the skills in the respective games as well as to enhance the physical fitness of the students and faculty. Annual intercollegiate Tournaments in various games and sports are being conducted for the students as well as for the staff . The college has Cricket , Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Shuttle Badminton and Tennis teams and has represented the VTU tournaments and brought laurels to the Institute. The Department will continuously show the same enthusiasm to encourage and groom the students with highly motivated sportsmanship.
List of indoor facilities available
- Table Tennis
List of outdoor facilities available
- Volley Ball
- Basket Ball
- Ball Badminton
- Throw Ball
- Tenny Coit
Activities of the Department
- Providing coaching to the participating teams.
- Providing games and sports material for the regular practice.
- Participating in the University Tournament organized by VTU.
- Organising practice matches for different events from time to time.
- Providing sports uniform for the students for participation in the different tournaments.
- Conducting intramural games and sports competitions for men and women students separately in Volleyball, Table tennis, Chess, Badminton, Throw ball, Tennicoit and Athletics.
- Presenting meritorious certificates and mementoes to the winners and runners in intramural competitions for students and staff on COLLEGE ANNUAL SPORTS DAY celebrations.
- Grant of attendance to the participating students in the competitions.