Anti-Ragging rules from statutory bodies are provided as follows:
- As per the orders of the Supreme Court, Govt. of India, UGC, AICTE, Govt. of Karnataka, VTU, ”Ragging” is a Criminal Offence leading lo Non-Bail able Imprisonment. Students should not indulge in ragging or support ragging directly or indirectly in whatsoever manner. Severe action will be initiated against those indulging in ragging or supporting ragging.
- Ragging means causing, inducing, compelling or forcing a student, whether by way of a practical joke or otherwise, to do any act which detracts from human dignity or violates his/her person or exposes him/her to ridicule or to forbear from doing any lawful act, by intimidating, wrong fully confining or injuring him or by using criminal force on him / her or by holding out to him / her any threat of such intimidation, wrongful restraint, wrongful confinement, injury or the use of criminal force.
- Ragging Menace is a criminal offence and such of the students who involve in ragging will be rusticated from the college. Further, their University degree and conduct certificates will be embossed in BOLD letters with a statement that they indulged in ragging.
- Students indulging and/or encouraging ragging will not be eligible for placement services, hostel facility, air concession, railway concession, scholarships, passport/visa clearance etc.
- Photographs of students who have been involved in ragging shall be published in the notice board and also published in local newspapers.
- Enquiry committee's decision regarding the punishment is final.
- The offence of ragging is not only punishable under Section 116 of the Karnataka Education Act, 1983, but also under various provisions envisaged in Sections 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116,302,305,306, 339, 340, 341. 342, 343, 344, 346, 347, 354, 359, 368,448,451 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The college has constituted Department wise anti-ragging committee to curb ragging and make Ragging free campus.
The college anti-ragging committee members include Principal, Dean, Heads of the Department, Wardens, Deputy Wardens, Residential Wardens, Foremen, and student representatives. The anti-ragging committee members are listed in the below table.
Anti Ragging Committee
|1.||Dr. Dinesh. K. Anvekar||Principal||Electronics and Communications Engineering|
|2.||Dr. S. C. Lingareddy||Professor & Head||Computer Science and Engineering|
|3.||Dr. Ramachandra A. C||Professor & Head||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|4.||Dr. Bharathi K||Professor & Head||Mathematics|
|5.||Prof. Arun Kumar K||HOD||Information Science and Engineering|
|6.||Prof. Chandan B. R||HOD||Mechanical Engineering|
|7.||Prof. Prashanth N||HOD||Civil Engineering|
|8.||Prof. Srinivasan N. S||HOD||Chemistry|
|9.||Mr. Santhosha C||Physical Education Director||Physical Education|
|10.||Ms. Asha Bharathi A. T||Assistant Professor||Mathematics|